Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Unimaginable


I am having just the worst time wrapping my mind around the devastation at Virginia Tech. So much carnage and so many suffering families that it's mind blowing. I turned the TV on yesterday and my mind was assaulted with the images and realities of how life can change in a heartbeat. I called my daughter just to hear her voice. I cannot imagine what all of the parents and families of the dead students and faculty must be going through. But it must be a nightmare of unimaginable proportion. There but for the grace of God...

We seem to realize, after the fact, that something was not right with someone who would do this. How do you make a conscious decision to kill 32 people? The signs are there. Half hearted attempts are made to help the person. But not enough was done. That seems to be the case with the man who is responsible for this carnage.

I wish for everyone involved peace and some solace from this unimaginable pain they must be feeling. For the rest of us, I wish that we finally learn something from this and prevent it from happening yet again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found this blog...I did't know you also had this one. I guess I'm a little slow sometimes. I don't know where you find the time to do all you do Eileen.
What happenened at Virginia Tech is just so difficult to imagine. The pain one person can bring on so many innocent students, their friends and families is just awful. How can anyone ever feel safe again.Unfortunatly their pain will be with them for the rest of their lives. I also feel sorry for the gunman's family, they are grieving for a lost son.
The world would be a wonderful place if we could all live in peace and harmony. If only we could replace the hate and fear in people's hearts with love and compassion.

Dee

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!